Work with us
Does this hold true for you?
- You want to be part of a setting where children are at the helm of their own education.
- You are comfortable inspiring young people rather than directing them.
- You are curious about the world and constantly learning.You ask questions instead of assuming the answers.
- You are comfortable not knowing all the answers… even in front of a group of kids!
- You play. You have fun playing.
- You can use humour to bond with kids and make them feel at ease.
- You spend time outdoors and enjoy being in nature.
- You can be empathetic in the face of adversity.
- You are willing to work towards an unconditional approach (no punishment or reward, including praise).
- You find it easy to be flexible and change plans when something unexpected happens.
- You see yourself as a problem-solver.
- Woodwork and maker fablabs
- Bushcraft skills
- Active listening and non violent communication
- Playing musical instruments of any sort (including instruments from junk)
- Promoting social justice
- Using maths manipulatives
- Making and recording observations
- Project based learning
- Progressive, inquiry-based education
Relevant qualifications, though not necessarily as a teacher –as well as a commitment to professional development– are essential. If you are not a native Spanish speaker, Spanish is not a requirement but would be an advantage.
Since we encourage age-mixed groups, there will be opportunities to work with children of all ages (3-12).This is a full time position.
- The opportunity to enjoy working in a small but highly motivated team, with children who are eager to learn, in a school community where parents are very supportive, in the beautiful city of La Laguna, Tenerife (Canary Islands).
- We provide in-house training for continuous professional development.
- Long-term contract.
- Salary according to your experience and qualifications, and to the Spanish Convenio de Educación de Enseñanza Privada
Closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd of April 2023.
Última actualización 1mo ago