Comment on page
Work with us
Does this hold true for you?
- You want to be part of a setting where children are at the helm of their own education.
- You are comfortable inspiring young people rather than directing them.
- You are curious about the world and constantly learning.You ask questions instead of assuming the answers.
- You are comfortable not knowing all the answers… even in front of a group of kids!
- You play. You have fun playing.
- You can use humour to bond with kids and make them feel at ease.
- You spend time outdoors and enjoy being in nature.
- You can be empathetic in the face of adversity.
- You are willing to work towards an unconditional approach (no punishment or reward, including praise).
- You find it easy to be flexible and change plans when something unexpected happens.
- You see yourself as a problem-solver.
- Woodwork and maker fablabs
- Bushcraft skills
- Active listening and non violent communication
- Playing musical instruments of any sort (including instruments from junk)
- Promoting social justice
- Using maths manipulatives
- Making and recording observations
- Project based learning
- Progressive, inquiry-based education
Relevant qualifications, though not necessarily as a teacher –as well as a commitment to professional development– are essential. If you are not a native Spanish speaker, Spanish is not a requirement but would be an advantage.
Since we encourage age-mixed groups, there will be opportunities to work with children of all ages (3-12).This is a full time position.
- The opportunity to enjoy working in a small but highly motivated team, with children who are eager to learn, in a school community where parents are very supportive, in the beautiful city of La Laguna, Tenerife (Canary Islands).
- We provide in-house training for continuous professional development.
- Long-term contract.
- Salary according to your experience and qualifications, and to the Spanish Convenio de Educación de Enseñanza Privada
Closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd of April 2023.